- 48 hours in . . . Marseille, an insider guide to France's port city with an edge!
- Recent Posts!
- Marseille Travel Guide Resources & Trip Planning Info by Rick Steves;
- Pearl Jinx?
- Marseille -France's oldest city;
- The Goomeri Pointing Bone : Sequel to Dwarg in the Seventh Dimension.
Calanques Geologic Formations. The Panier Neighbourhoods.
Marseilles - travel and tourist information in English
Vallon des Auffes Historic Walking Areas. Rue Fort-du-Sanctuaire , Marseille, France.
Rue Canebiere , Marseille, France. Quai des Bleges , Marseille, France. Boulevard des Dardanelles , Marseille, France. Place de la Major , Marseille, France.
11 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Marseilles
Basilique Notre Dame de la Garde. La Canebiere. Le Vieux Port. The Panier. Abbaye Saint Victor. Vallon des Auffes. Cathedrale de la Major. You should try Bouillabaisse, Couscous this is not just the grain but a North African berber stew , Merguez French Fry sandwich from a food truck, and tapenade.
Waiting times in restaurants can sometimes be long but it's best to be patient! Locals sometimes leave small change if paying in cash. The City Pass allows visitors to discover Marseille at their own pace and economically through an all-inclusive pass. LouGarri Says:.
In the one-day CityPass, a ride in the Petit Train up to the basilica is included. Ranked 1 of things to do in Marseille.
Share your thoughts and debate the big issues
Certificate of Excellence There's no need to book a tour in advance but it can get very busy at peak times so you may want to go down to the port in the morning to book an afternoon tour. The tours vary in length but two to three hours should be plenty of time for a great experience. Ranked 1 of 19 things to do in Cassis. Ranked of things to do in Marseille. Ranked 14 of things to do in Marseille. While you're in the area, treat yourself to a meal at the trendy Cafe des Espices.
- 20 Things To Know Before You Go To Marseille?
- Au coeur des mots bantu : La dénomination chez les Pové (French Edition)!
- Vogue Weekends: Marseille.
- Marseille Travel Guide;
- PILOTA (Italian Edition);
- Lesson Plans The Witch of Blackbird Pond.
Ranked 18 of things to do in Marseille. Ranked 5 of things to do in Marseille. Stop to have a Bouillabaisse at Chez Fonfon — one of the most famous restaurants in this area.
- Our Favourite Things to Do in Marseille — Along Dusty Roads.
- One Day in Marseille: Travel Guide on TripAdvisor.
- A local's guide to Marseille: 10 top tips | Travel | The Guardian.
- Marseille travel guide?
- Nichtraucher eBook - werden Sie in wenigen Tagen Nichtraucher (German Edition).
- Cooking Well: Osteoporosis: Over 75 Easy and Delicious Recipes for Building Strong Bones?
- Ship of Magic (The Liveship Traders, Book 1).
Ranked 7 of things to do in Marseille. You can also book a boat excursion from the Vieux Port to the Calanques , a series of miniature fjords to the south of Marseille near Cassis. The boat trip will take approximately three hours, and offers a spectacular view of the fjords. La Panier Old Town, or quarter is the oldest part of the town, and is lined with traditional French outdoor restaurants.
The Notre Dame de la Garde is located on a hill overlooking the city. Hike to the church from Vieux Port alternatively, take the metro to the Notre Dame stop and walk over. Once up there, take in the spectacular views of the city. Originally a fortress built by Francois I in the 16th century.
One Day in Marseille: Travel Guide
Known for their picturesque beaches, creeks, and cliffs, the islands are a protected conservation area. Marvel at the crystal clear water and unique floral species in the area. An absolute treat on a sunny day. At the end of the walk, check out some of the older aristocratic houses. It is difficult to ask for directions or order food at restaurants without any French.